For margarita fans (like myself) there is nothing more satisfying than a cold, delicious margarita on a hot summer day. While it may seem simple to grab a neon elixir from the grocery store and “just add tequila”…this is not the path to a memorable margarita.
Here are a few tips to make sure that your margarita is at the top of it’s game.
1. Don’t scrimp on the tequila. Get out and buy a high quality, smooth tequila to use in your drink. Look for the “100% de agave” legend on the label as a guideline. If the bottle doesn’t have it, then 49% of your tequila is actually fermented cane sugar.
2. Skip the bottled juice and go for fresh squeezed lime juice. Fresh squeezed juices ensure that the flavor of the tequila will come through in the drink.
3. Add a splash of fresh squeezed orange juice as well as a bit of agave or simple syrup.
4. Don’t forget the lime! Run a lime around the rim of the glass, add a little salt (if you prefer) and finish it off with a lime garnish.
5. Skip the blender! Instead, shake your ingredients with ice and pour into a glass.
Your margarita should be two parts tequila, one part lime juice, one part agave and a splash of fresh squeezed orange juice. Last step? Just to find a sunny spot to kick back and enjoy. Cheers!